Are looking to get hands-on experience in social entrepreneurship, nonprofit management , and community development?
We offer flexible internships that can be a stepping-stone to your next move!
CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS - PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Term: Fall 2018
This internship is unpaid.
We seek interns who will play an active role in all areas of our organization, including the development of our program resources and curriculum, grants research and drafting, business research and networking, planning and executing events, networking in relevant circles, and administrative support for the organization, and other tasks as related. Additionally, the intern will assist with developing and implementing strategies to market Cultivate to relevant audiences, including the use viable social media avenues, other resources, and maintaining and/or updating Cultivate’s website.
** This internship is very wide in scope. We are a small nonprofit and our interns work on all aspects of our programs, fundraising, marketing, administration, and financial management. Candidates do not need to have experience in all these areas but must be willing to learn.
- Currently has or is pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Community Development, Leadership, Nonprofit Management, Communications, Entrepreneurship or related field.
- Strong verbal and written skills, as well as experience conducting research.
- Has knowledge and understanding of community development, leadership, and social entrepreneurship, or has a vested interest in growing in these fields.
- Candidates with a desire to empower locally-led efforts and local/minority leaders, work with a growing endeavor and to learn more about international nonprofits, are encouraged to apply.
- Anyone with travel, volunteer or work experience in a majority-world country, or who is native to such areas, would be especially fitting.
- Candidates must have access to a computer (not provided by Cultivate).
- Candidates must have access to a car or public transportation for occasional meetings and events.
- Candidates outside of the Twin Cities area are welcome to apply, but your duties will vary slightly.
Location and Hours:
- Will need to work remotely but required to attend occasional meetings with Executive Director and others in Minneapolis or convenient location.
- Work hours are flexible. Hours will vary depending on individual’s schedule and availability.
- Must work a minimum of 5 hours per week, up to 40 if desired.
- Length of service, 3 to 6 months (3-month minimum) based on mutual fit and desire to stay on.
To apply email resume, cover letter and statement indicating which term you are available and desired weekly hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.