Cultivate International Board of Directors
Are you looking to give of your talents and resources to something you can truly be passionate about? Joining our board may be just what you are looking for!
We are looking for board members who have a commitment to our mission to empower immigrant, minority, and indigenous leaders to fight poverty & injustices. Cultivate International works with community leaders to build their capacity to launch and lead strong, healthy, sustained grassroots programs. Board members assist with the leadership, governance, and support for all of Cultivate’s work.
Currently we are seeking board members with the following qualifications:
- Experience in financial management/accounting; international development or community development; life coaching or business mentoring; grant writing or fundraising; or marketing/promotions.
- Anyone with travel, volunteer or work experience in a majority-world country or who is native to such areas, or who is from a Twin Cities immigrant, minority, or marginalized community would be especially fitting.
All board members must live in the Twin Cities area or be willing to commute to our meetings. Board members have the following expectations:
- The most important things you can contribute as a board member are your leadership, desire to further Cultivate’s mission, and due diligence to keep us operating.
- Help further our mission and programs by giving of your time, skills, knowledge, resources, and networks.
- Be a part of a board committee (Executive, Financial Oversight, Fundraising, and Programs).
- Attend the bi-monthly meeting and bi-monthly committee meetings.
- Board terms last 2 years. Officer terms last one year.
- At a minimum, board members must set aside 3-4 hours per month to assist with Cultivate needs and attend board meetings and committee meetings.
- All board members are expected to give acapacity gift to Cultivate International on a year basis (or monthly recurring is that is preferred). A capacity gift is a gift of any amount that the board member considers within his or her financial capacity and is within the top 3 charitable organizations that he or she chooses to support.
Meeting Times & Frequency:
- Board Meetings – third Monday of every other month, 6:30-8:30 pm, Minneapolis area.
- Committee meetings – vary, meets every other month, Minneapolis area.
- Attend fundraising events as able.
If you are interested to learn more, please send us your resume and any questions/comments to email@example.com.